There are moments as I raise these children that it hits me how much they are growing, how fast it is passing, and that today will soon be a memory. It happens when I see my daughters wearing makeup and going out with friends. It happens when I see my baby girl walking. It even happens with people other than my children. Moments with my parents seem to be more and more precious because they won't always be here. One day I know I will miss them desperately. It happened when I saw my nephew driving my Daddy's car. It happened last night as I watched my son playing in the tub. He looked so tall and loved swimming and floating in the tub. When he was brand new he was so fussy and giving him a bath would calm him right down. He loved having his hair washed and splashing in the water. My little baby boy is now getting to be a big boy.
Today is so busy, I rush rush rush all the time. I keep reminding myself that today is the day to love. I will miss it one day.


4 comments:
They are growing fast and we are getting older. I hate it sometimes.
I think that way often as well.
Momma, I will always be here with you and I am SO glad that we can be together forever. We do look so growny in this picture... I love you forever and always,
love ya more than life itself!!!
~first little green eyed baby~
I don't read blogs because I seriously do not have the time, but I just happened to be up tonight and was catching up on my emails. I saw Mandy Miller's (+ her last name....can't remember it, everyone is still unmarried in my book) but I saw your name on her blog list and read this blog. I cried. I felt every word that you shared. I can't believe how fast time is moving for me now that I am a mom and my children seem to be fading away from my life before I am ready for them to.
Time has made us grow up but I still look back on our lives that we shared as kids. It seems like time stood still for us back then. I am so glad that we shared our childhood. You have always been a cherished friend and will continue to be until I am too senile to remember you. I love you Shannon!!!
Wendy Arnold
Post a Comment